SAIGON CITY TOUR FULL DAY TOUR
( Ho Chi Minh City Full Day Tour )
Ho Chi Minh City - Saigon is one of the biggest economic and cultural centers in Vietnam. Besides modern high-rise buildings, Saigon also has relics with ancient architecture. Half-day tour of Saigon is for you who do not have much time but still have moments to visit shopping and visit. We have 2 options for you:
If you are interested to learn about French & American conflicts and explore of French colonial architecture, you should chose to visit Notre Dame Cathedral and the Central Post Office, the Reunification Palace, the War Remnants Museum, Tan Dinh church & Tan Dinh local market or Ben Thanh market
|PRICE FROM:||27 USD|
|TOUR CODE:||HCM 02|
|DURATION:||Full day-1 day|
|DEPARTURE:||Ho Chi Minh City|
|TRAVEL STYLES:||DAY TRIPS|
8.30 AM: Pick up at your hotel. There are several interesting sights in HCMC. You can choose your sights as your hobbies. Or you can visit French architecture town and China town.
In the morning we will go to visit Saigon's French colonial architecture. We start our trips by visiting:
• The Reunification Palace: This is one of the most important buildings in the city. Here on April 30, 1975, what the Vietnamese refer to as the ‘American War' officially ended when tank number 843 of the North Vietnamese Army crashed through the gates of what was, at the time, the residence of the President of the Republic of Vietnam.
• War Remnants Museum: Formerly known as the Museum of American War Crimes, this is a poignant display of the futility of war. Some of the black and white photography in the ‘Requiem' exhibit is particularly touching, dedicated to both foreign and Vietnamese journalists and photographers who perished during the conflict. The exhibit includes the last shots these photographers had taken before their deaths. The courtyard outside contains the spoils of war, namely rusting jets, tanks and cannons captured from the American military machine.
• Notre Dame Cathedral and Old Post Office: Built between 1877 and 1883 this is one of the best examples of classical French colonial architecture. Remarkably every stone used in its creation was shipped from France to Vietnam. The Old Post Office is another example of French colonial architecture and is also the country's largest post office.
• Saigon Opera House which built by the French at the end of the nineteenth century and renovated in the 1940s, this fine example of colonial architecture is a landmark in the centre of Saigon.
• Saigon city hall: In the centre of HCMC, at the end of Nguyen Hue, sits the magnificent office of the Ho Chi Minh City People's Committee. Completed in 1908 by the French, the former Hotel de Ville's design is based on the Paris original. It remains as one of the most stunning colonial monuments especially when floodlit at night. Make sure to visit the statue of Ho Chi Minh on the /median strip outside.
• Ben Thanh Market: This bustling and well-organized market is very popular with tourists, primarily due to its central location. It has a wide selection of goods ranging from fake Nike shoes to beautiful silk Ao Dais.
In the afternoon, we will go to visit Saigon's Chinese architecture (China Town). We start our trips by visiting:
• Fito Museum: the first Museum of Traditional Vietnamese Medicine. Nearly 3,000 items relevant to traditional Vietnamese medicine dating back to the Stone Age. Implements used to prepare traditional medicine: knives, grinders, mortars and pestles, pots and jars, etc…
After lunch, we continue to visit:
• Giac Lam Pagoda: This is Ho Chi Minh City's oldest pagoda, dating back to 1744 and one of the finest in Vietnam. Inside, 98 pillars and 113 statues and myriad mini - Buddhas vie for your attention. Don't miss the amazing Tree of Wandering Souls where people pray for their sick relatives by writing the names of their loved ones on slips of paper and then attaching them to the tree.
• Cho Lon, including the Thien Hau Temple: Cho Lon actually means Big Market – a claim that is well justified as Vietnam’s largest market, the Binh Tay, is located here. The district is home to the city's 400,000 Chinese and has many beautiful temples and pagodas.
***** End of services ****
|PRICES||Group Size||1 PAX||2 PAX||3 PAX||4-5 PAX||6-7 PAX||8-9 PAX||From 10 PAX|
|Price / person (USD)||99||58||44||38||34||30||27|
|Tour Included||Tour Excluded|
♦ Private pick-up & drop-off services at hotel
XIV. Tags - How to find this tour on google
Tags: #Saigon, # Saigoncitytour, #HoChiMinh, #HoChiMinhcitytour, #Saigoncityhalfdaytour
- Saigon half day city tour (18.11.2019)
- Cu Chi tunnels half day (17.11.2019)
- Saigon city - Cu Chi tunnels (17.11.2019)
- Cu Chi Tunnels - Cao Dai Temple (03.10.2019)
- Mekong Delta to My Tho boat trip (03.10.2019)
- Cu Chi tunnels - My Tho boat trip (17.11.2019)
- Mekong Delta - Explore Ben Tre (30.09.2019)
- Mekong Delta to Cai Be authentic (04.10.2019)
- Mekong to Cai Be - Vinh Long (17.11.2019)
- Mekong Delta with Caibe Princess cruise (17.11.2019)